Saturday, July 25, 2009

use your freezer.

so I'm always on the look out for sales. grocery ones. in the past few months, I've found super cheap strawberries, blueberries, boneless-skinless chicken breasts, and really lean ground beef. my freezer is full of strawberry jam, strawberry sauce, strawberries in sugar, and plain old strawberries. bags of blueberries. a few pounds of chicken. and WAY too much ground beef. and while it can kind of get away from you (today I have plans to make peach jam, peach crisp, peach pie, and peach fruit leather...from last fall's bounty), it's such a money saver. so use your freezer.

and that's not to mention the spice cake, brownies, and snickerdoodle blondies that also fill my freezer...another day.

3 comments:

  1. Missy you really are an inspiration to me. I think especially w/ me being back in college, I feel totally overwhelmed. We've been eating out more than I care to admit. So much for saving MULA! :(

    However your blog has inspired me. I am going to get back on track again. I need to. Can you post the easy recipes? I love easy too. I used to love intricate cooking.....but no more. I can't handle it w/ so much else to do. I can barely keep up w/ my own house. ;-p I am looking for healthy and good. That's the goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey missy, thanks for your comment! one mystery visitor down. . . you are welcome any time :) hope all is going well. And yes, I do remember meeting you a couple times

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blogs! Share with us Missy! We love to hear about the wonderful recipes that you have discovered.

    ReplyDelete