Thursday, July 2, 2009

feeding your family.

so, I totally joke about this phrase, but it's one of my core beliefs. that as women, we are nurturers and give lots of love ALL. DAY. LONG. also, though, that a huge part of our job as nurturers is to feed our families. to stifle those "and now I have to cook?" feelings and get busy in those kitchens! not only is it healthier, but it is a labor of love!
I don't mean to sound preachy--I struggle sometimes. but it's been a goal lately, and we've been doing it! we've only been eating out once a week, and even on those nights where I so don't feel like it, I've been persevering. and the outcome? I feel better. I feel accomplished. lance is happier. it's great.:)
so, hang in there...feed those families! show your love by getting dinner on the table.:)

1 comment:

  1. This is so TRUE Missy! I asked Kris one day "what is one way that I can make you feel loved?" and his answer was...."cook dinner most nights". Wow, so simple. I love the way that you put it. Labor of love....

    ReplyDelete