Tuesday, November 10, 2009

back again.

so, I know I'm often back on the wagon, but I MEAN it this time! we've moved and been busy, but I am committed to change!
anyway, I want to talk about breakfast. breakfast is supposedly the most important meal of the day, but I often neglect it. really, it's the time you should stock up--you have all day to burn off those calories! but it's hectic in the morning, right? here are a few things to try to make sure you're getting in a good breakfast.

*freeze some muffins
make your favorite muffins (banana bread, zucchini bread, bran muffins, whatever!) and freeze them. they heat up in like, 1 minute in the microwave, and you've got a good start. I ate tons of these when I was pregnant and needed to be at school by 7:30. I will be making 3 different kinds of muffins tomorrow to freeze.
*freeze breakfast sandwiches and burritos
make your own egg mcmuffins w/ english muffins, eggs, cheese, and ham! flash freeze 'em (on a cookie sheet) and then ziploc bag them. they are SO yummy! do the same thing w/ breakfast burritos (I posted the recipe here). they heat up great too!
*eggo waffles
not the healthiest maybe, but slap on some pb and you can eat 'em on the go!
*yogurt and granola
*smoothies
these seem a little more intense, but if you buy frozen mixed berries, you just put it in w/ a little yogurt and some ice...maybe some juice, and you're good to go!

eat breakfast. it's good for you.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment