Wednesday, January 28, 2009

sunday nights.

for some unknown reason, on sunday nights my sweets cravings become extra strong and I end up generally making some sort of treat.

last week was banana bread. I posted the recipe here.

this week was sugar cookies. I emailed my friend ranisa for a recipe. it was a good one! then I used the frosting my mom got from an old friend.

cookies
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter flavored Crisco (this is the key-just butter makes the cookies too crisp)
2 eggs
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
mix sugar butter, add eggs, add all wet ingredients, then add mixed dry ingredients. Wrap in cling wrap and put in fridge for 1 hour. Roll out and cut with cutters. I think the key to having great sugar cookies to have them be thick. I don't care for them crunchy. 375 5-9 minutes, watch close as soon as the edge starts to look the slightest bit golden remove from oven.

frosting
2 lbs powder sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup milk (I think this much milk makes the frosting too runny, so I add about half this, and more as needed)
1teas vanilla
1/2 teas almond extract
(the recipe makes a TON...so half it)

this frosting is awesome on cupcakes!

also last weekend lance and his brother sean made this yummy cake. oh. my.

No comments:

Post a Comment